Just Deserts
WARNING! NOT WORK SAFE!
A friend of mine headed down to Terlingua, Tx this past week. I don't know if he's back or not, but his trip got me thinking about the trip I took down there last November and the one coming up the same month this year.
Terlingua is the home of two competing chili cookoffs every year. I have friends that have gone every year for quite a while now, so last year my nephew Rabbit (that's him on top of the big rock) and I headed down there too.
Picture mardigras in the desert is about as close as I can get to a good description. Rabbit and I spent our mornings 4wheelin' in Big Bend National Park in my Jeep and our afternoons drinking and watching "The Gauntlet". 
The campground where the chili festival we attended has a large loop drive, ie "The Gauntlet".
4 wheelers, trucks, Jeeps, Unimogs and even a Corvette last year circle around and around whilst girls try to get beads thown to them by flashing the crowd.
The Crowd down there come in from all over.
There's food and drink for all.
It's about an eight hour trip from Austin, but it's a pretty drive if you like that sort of thing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home